Fernwood Tree Fern Pot
Fernwood Tree Fern Pots create an environment that enhances the development of a healthy root mass.
The wicking action of the Fernwood Fibre absorbs moisture readily. It distributes water evenly through the fibre creating a moist and humid environment for the roots and plant.
Reducing Transplant Sock
Repotting a plant can be likened to us undergoing surgery. It is a traumatic experience. Plants will experience to some degree what is referred to as transplant shock. We can do three things to minimise the effects of transplant shock.
One reason plants undergo transplant shock is the roots can't supply the needs of the plant, i.e. provide enough water and nutrients to support your plant's requirements.
- Before repotting, soak your plant with seaweed and fertiliser solution. Seaweed has growth-promoting properties and will help your plant overcome the effects of transplant shock. Allowing your plant to stand in the solution for 30 minutes before potting, gives them time to absorb the growth-promoting compounds from the seaweed solution and nutrients from the fertiliser. This preloads the root system with growth-promoting nutrients which will be available after repotting.
- When repotting, do as little damage to the roots as possible. Handle them gently. Remove all the old potting soil and cut away any dead roots.
- After repotting keep your plant in a warm humid place. Warmth can help with growth and humidity reduces the loss of water from the plant. Drench your roots with seaweed and fertiliser and repeat weekly for six weeks. Thereafter feed your plants weekly with fertiliser and once a month with a fertiliser and seaweed solution.
Transplant Solution - Advanced Formula.
The addition of Dyna Gro Pro-TeKt (The Silicon Solution) helps plants to better cope with stress. The below recipe can be used and is an improved 'soak & feeding' solution.
- Pour 5 litres of water into a container.
- Add 4 ml Dyna-Gro Pro-TeKt and stir. (Dilution = 1:1250).
- Add 4 ml Dyna-Gro KLN Rooting Solution and stir. (Dilution = 1:1250).
- Add 6.6 ml Dyna Gro Foliage-Pro and stir. (Dilution = 1:750).
- Ocean Organics Soil Concentrate. This is a liquid formulation brewed from New Zealand harvested seaweed,
- Grosafe BioPower Seaweed Flakes. This is a dry flake and needs to be dissolved in water before adding to the Transplant Mix.